Ads

New on Sports Illustrated: Simone Biles to Make Olympic Return in Balance Beam Final

The four-time Olympic gold medalist has not competed since withdrawing from the women's team final last Tuesday.

It's official: Simone Biles will make her Olympic return.

USA Gymnastics

confirmed the news Monday that Biles will compete along with all-around gold medalist Suni Lee in Tuesday's balance beam final, the last event in women's gymnastics at the Tokyo Olympics. 

When Biles takes to the beam, it will be a full week since she has competed. Biles dropped out of the women's team final last Tuesday, saying that she wanted to focus on her mental health following a bout of what gymnasts call the "twisties." 

"For anyone saying I quit, I didn't quit," Biles wrote in an Instagram video explaining the twisties. "My mind and body are simply not in sync...I don't think you realize how dangerous this is on hard/competition surface. Nor do I have to explain why I put health first. 

"Physical health is mental health."

Filling in for Biles on vault on Sunday, MyKayla Skinner won a silver medal before predicting that Biles would return for the balance beam final

More Olympics Coverage:

SHARE

Author

Hi, Its me Hafeez. A webdesigner, blogspot developer and UI/UX Designer. I am a certified Themeforest top Author and Front-End Developer. I'am business speaker, marketer, Blogger and Javascript Programmer.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment